TURKEY STUFFED PEPPERS
I absolutely love Pinterest. Especially for finding tasty looking pictures of recipes that I might like to try & it was there that I first stumbled across a delicious image of these Turkey Stuffed Peppers, which then led me to SkinnyTaste.com for the recipe.
Roy really enjoyed this recipe. Normally all I get out of him is “tasty” when I ask how stuff is that I’ve made for him but this particular recipe he raved about.
I made some minor modifications, mostly due to the fact that I didn’t have any tin foil or garlic powder on hand, so I’ll post the way I made it, which still turned out awesome, & you can decide for yourself which method you’d like to try.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
* 1 lb lean ground turkey meat
* 2 tbsp garlic, minced
* 1/4 onion, minced
* 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 tsp onion salt
* 1 tsp cumin powder
* Salt & pepper to taste
* 3 large red bell peppers
* 1 cup chicken broth
* 1/4 cup tomato sauce
* 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
* 1 tbsp Olive oil
* 1/4 cup shredded cheese
What To Do:
* Heat oven to 400°.
* Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and remove all seeds. Place in a baking dish.
* Bake 20 minutes & while waiting do the rest….
* Heat olive oil in a medium pan.
* Add onion, garlic and cilantro to the pan. Saute about 2 minutes and add ground turkey.
* Season with salt, onion salt, pepper, and cumin.
* Brown meat for several minutes until completely cooked.
* Add tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of chicken broth, mix well and simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
* Combine cooked rice and meat together.
* Spoon meat mixture into each pepper half and fill it with as much as you can.
* Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
* Pour the remainder of the chicken broth on the bottom of the pan & bake for about 25 minutes.