In light of yesterdays sad news, regarding the passing of former Apple CEO “Steve Jobs”, I felt this would be a fitting “Favorite Thing Thursday” post.
Roy & I absolutely LOVE our iPhones. We first obtained our 3GS’s back in August of 2010 & it wasn’t long before we wondered how we ever lived life without them!
Most people already know all about iPhones but for those who don’t they are pure awesome. Anywhere I go I have my email, Facebook, Google, an instant camera & video recorder (although both low in quality), immediate bank access (if I need to check/transfer a balance, even take a picture with the camera to cash checks!) along with a variety of other “Apps” that make life better, simpler, or more entertaining in some way, shape or form. Steve Jobs really came up with something amazing here & the iPhone along with his many other contributions to our world will not be soon, if ever, forgotten.
Our wireless contracts have been up for renewal for a while & our phones are available for upgrade. Tomorrow the new iPhone 4S goes available for pre order but I don’t know if we’ll have to wait till the 14th, when it’s officially released for sale, or whether we’ll even get an upgrade discount on it but we’re sure hoping.
The 4S looks incredible. It’s so much more advanced than the 3GS & I’m especially psyched about the ability to do 1080p HD video.
Some of the other amazing features the new 4S has to offer are (from the Apple site):
* The addition of “Siri” – the intelligent assistant that gets things done, all you have to do is ask!
* Dual-core A5 chip – the most powerful iPhone processor ever.
* The you-can’t-believe-it’s-on-a-phone camera. All new optics & 8 MEGAPIXELS folks!
* iOS 5 – the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. And the easiest to use.
* iCloud – stores your music, photos, apps, mail, contacts, calendars, documents, and more. And wirelessly pushes them to all your devices!
* Retina display – the highest-resolution phone screen ever. In fact, the pixel density is so high that the human eye is unable to distinguish individual pixels.
* FaceTime – lets you hear a voice and see the face that goes with it — iPhone to iPhone, iPad 2, iPod touch, or Mac over Wi-Fi.
* AirPlay – you can wirelessly stream what’s on your iPhone to your HDTV and speakers via Apple TV
* AirPrint – Print everything wirelessly.
* The first phone to intelligently switch between two antennas to transmit and receive, so call quality is better. It also doubles the maximum HSDPA data speeds to 14.4 Mbps.8 Which means faster connections, faster loading and reloading, and faster downloads.
Yep, that’s a list of some seriously exciting stuff right there & I can’t wait to have it in my hands on one so I can explore it all up close.
Here’s a video for a visual of everything it has to offer:
What about you? Are you an iPhone person too or do you prefer a different brand of “smart phone”?