Archive for August 26, 2011
S’MORE COOKIE BARS
I’ve always been a big fan of S’mores & have also always had a weakness for cookies so when I stumbled across this recipe, somewhere on the net, I began salivating at the pure thought & knew I just had to try making them.
This is NOT a weight loss friendly recipe & They are truly as delicious & “Ooey Gooey” as they look!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
* 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
* 1/4 cup brown sugar (I use a Splenda mix)
* 1/2 cup sugar (I use Splenda)
* 1 large egg
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
* 3/4 cup graham crackers crumbled
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 2 king-sized Hershey’s milk chocolate bars
* 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (7 1/2 oz jar & NOT melted marshmallows)
What To Do:
* Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
* In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light.
* Beat in egg and vanilla.
* In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
* Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
* Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.
* Place chocolate bars over dough. 2 king-sized Hershey’s bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if needed) to fit in a single layer no more than 1/4 inch thick.
* Spread marshmallow creme or fluff over chocolate.
* Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff (most easily achieved by flattening the dough into small shingles and laying them together). Spread it around gently.
* Bake for 25 to 35 minutes until lightly browned.
* Cool completely before cutting into bars.