Archive for September 3, 2010
I was up until 2am this morning cooking & baking up a storm for a couple of Military families here that are having a hard time & who I signed up to provide dinner for this evening. So, I decided to go on and make my yummy Creamy Curried Chicken Soup along with an old favorite of these delicious chocolate chip cookies. The recipe was given to me by Roy’s mom back when we first got married but I now make them with a (mostly) sugar free twist.
I made 5 dozen of these to share not only with the 2 families I’m providing dinner for tonight, but also to give as a thank you to the guy who looked after my Lovebird & Aquarium while I was in Canada. I’m also thinking of maybe sending some to Roy in a care package along with a few other goodies that I’ve picked up for him.
(MOSTLY) SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1 Cup White Splenda
- 1 Cup Brown Splenda (which is mixed with regular brown sugar & the package says every 1/2 cup is equal to 1 cup so since the original recipe calls for 2 cups I put in 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 Cups Crisco
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 4-1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Bag Chocolate Chips (I use regular semi-sweet or milk chocolate & not sugar free)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375
- Using an electric mixer, mix together sugars, crisco, eggs, baking soda, salt & vanilla until smooth.
- Add flour & chocolate chips & stir with spoon until all batter is moist & no more loose white flour is seen
- Scoop about 1 or 2 tablespoon fulls (I use one of these nifty Pampered Chef scoopers) onto non-stick or foil lined cookie sheets & press gently
- Bake for 9-11 minutes
- Makes 5-8 dozen cookies & are best made when you have people to share them with… otherwise I suggest halving the recipe.